- 1. Intro
- 2. Planning to attend
- 3. Planning to bring
- 4. Hope someone else brings
- 5. Things we hope to discuss or work on
- 6. Workshops, Presentations, Classes
- 7. LinuxCNC Fest Cam
- 8. IRC
The LinuxCNC Fest for 2014 will be held in at Tx/Rx Labs in Houston, TX. The official website for Tx/Rx is [here].
The workshop official days are Saturday October 18 through Friday October 24, 2014, but some may be planning to arrive earlier or stay later, so check all your options.
Google directions to some of the places mentioned on the official page are available:
2. Planning to attend
Chris Kelley - Tx/Rx - hosting
Roland V. - Tx/Rx president - hosting
Mark S. - Tx/Rx
Jeremy G. - Tx/Rx
Mike G. - Tx/Rx
Jeff Epler -
Sebastian K. -
Mark Johnsen -
Moses McKnight? -
add your name here, see instructions and link at bottom of page under BasicSteps or email: lcncfest2014 -at- txrxlabs.org .
3. Planning to bring
Yakasawa Motoman Robot Arm - Roland von Kurnatowski
1 5i25 + 7I77 - Roland von Kurnatowski
1 5I25 + 7I76 - Roland von Kurnatowski
1 100W yag fiber coupled laser - Roland von Kurnatowski
1 Flow 45k PSI abrasive waterjet w/ allen bradley controls - Roland von Kurnatowski
- X2-size minimill with servo motors and servo spindle, plus USB centering microscope, can do rigid tapping - Jon Elson
- "board servo system" all parts of a LinuxCNC motion control system for brushless motors mounted on plywood - Jon Elson
- Atom CPU with 2 steppers and touch screen interface using Touchy - Jon Elson
- Beagle Bone with CRAMPS controller board - Jon Elson
- Gantry homing test jig with servos/encoders with index/home switches - Chris Radek
- Move this example line down and add what you're bringing and your --name
4. Hope someone else brings
- Add what you'd like to have someone else bring and your --name
- Power supply, 24ish volts at a few amps - Chris Radek
5. Things we hope to discuss or work on
- The conversion of the Burgmaster Powerhawk with ATC (formerly a Fanuc 6M control) should be nearing completion -- Chris Kelley
- An 88 ton CNC press brake is next for conversion -- Chris Kelley
- recently rebuilt control cabinet on Smithy CNC mill -- Mike G.
- Add what projects you'd like to work on and your --name
6. Workshops, Presentations, Classes
- his success with writing code for and building a custom usb breakout board for LinuxCNC -- Mark S.
- his home built LinuxCNC laser cutter with hal components -- Jeremy G.
- servo tuning presentation with live hardware -- Jon Elson
- Developing Realtime Components for LinuxCNC -- JeffEpler
- Add what presentations you'd like to make and your --name
- If the Webcam gets set up this year, a link should be here.
- IRC Freenode #linuxcnc will be there as always.