- 1. Intro
- 2. Planning to attend
- 3. Planning to bring
- 4. Hope someone else brings
- 5. Things we hope to discuss or work on
- 6. Workshops, Presentations, Classes
- 7. EMC Fest Cam
- 8. IRC
The EMC Fest for 2010 will be part of the Digital Machinist CNC Workshop (2010) held in Ann Arbor, MI. The official website seems to be [here] and [here], but please add any updates.
The workshop official days are Tuesday June 22 through Friday June 25, 2010, but some may be planning to arrive earlier or stay later, so check all your options.
See http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.distributions.emc.devel/3194 for a map of the building showing the EMC room, plus vendor information from George Bulliss. EMC folks will have 24 hour access to the EMC room, but will need to supply a list of EMC folks, plus probably have one or two people appointed to lock up.
Google directions to some of the places mentioned on the official page are available:
[Washtenaw Community College]
[Holiday Inn Near the University of Michigan]
[Quality Inn & Suites]
[Washtenaw Community College and Eastern Michigan University Dorms, about 4 miles]
2. Planning to attend
Kim Kirwan - all week (or more?) - Details not final. Hoping to learn more about developing.
Stephen Wille Padnos - only Tuesday and Wednesday. (well, arriving Monday evening some time)
Steve Stallings - all week
Matt Shaver - all week
Chris Radek - all week
Jeff Epler - all week
Dale Grover - all week
Tom Easterday - all week
add your name here, see instructions and link at bottom of page under BasicSteps
3. Planning to bring
- The quadrature card in question (and some encoders for it). Two PCs (one with Mesa cards). Power cords, power strips, etc. Tools. Scope? --Kim Kirwan
- PMDX-112 PEST boards for EMC interfacing classes --Steve Stallings
- Micro-mill set up with the usual PMDX demo stuff --Steve Stallings
- Emco F1 mill w/Mesa? boards --Tom Easterday
- Move this example line down and add what you're bringing and your --name
4. Hope someone else brings
- Add what you'd like to have someone else bring and your --name
5. Things we hope to discuss or work on
- I'd like to modify or make a real-time driver for a quadrature counter board for EMC2. --Kim Kirwan
- I'd like to work on architecting some future EMC version that can do some of the things people keep asking for (backing up, even easier configuration, jogging while paused, etc). --Stephen Wille Padnos
- Add what projects you'd like to work on and your --name
6. Workshops, Presentations, Classes
7. EMC Fest Cam
- If the Webcam gets set up this year, a link should be here.
- IRC Freenode #emc will be there as always.