- 1. EMC Fest Cam
- 2. Intro
- 3. Planning to attend
- 4. Planning to bring
- 5. Hope someone else brings
- 6. Things we hope to discuss or work on
- 7. Workshops, Presentations, Classes
- 8. IRC
1. EMC Fest Cam
If the web CAM gets set up this year, a link should be here.
The EMC Fest for 2009 will be a stand alone event in Wichita, KS because of the unfortunate cancellation of this year's CNC Workshop. We all hope the CNC Workshop will resume next year under the combined auspices of Roland Friestad (the original host) and The Digital Machinists magazine.
This year's EMC fest will be hosted by:
MPM INc. (Stuart Stevenson)
2100 S. West Street
Wichita, KS 67213
Thursday May 21 through Wednesday May 27, 2009
This is a working commercial shop. Please bring safety glasses and follow the rules.
Questions to the EMC users list, or if necessary, 316-945-1227.
3. Planning to attend
Jeff Epler - all week - I'll have a car
Stephen Willie Padnos
Matt Shaver - all week - I'll have a car (if it makes it...)
Steve Stallings - Saturday to Wednesday
Jon Elson (arrive evening 5/21 - leave 5/27 evening?) will have car
Stuart Stevenson (our host)
Sebastian Kuzminsky - arrive Wednesday afternoon, leave Monday morning - I'll have a small pickup truck
Ken Lerman - arrive Sunday afternoon, leave Thursday morning. Staying at Days Inn.
John Ackland - all week - driving minivan, bringing equipment. Staying at Western Holiday.
Kim Kirwan - all week - carpooling w/ John, bringing equipment. Staying at Western Holiday.
Sam Sokolik / Dad - Driving down Friday back tuesday.
(three more coming in just for the weekend?)
add your name here, see instructions and link at bottom of page under BasicSteps
4. Planning to bring
- 2 channel analog scope --jepler
- zenbot and pc to run it, if nobody else is bringing a small cnc machine --jepler
- bunch of Mesa hardware --seb
- bunch of [little stepper motors] with integrated drivers --seb
- beagleboard with open embedded development environment --mgs
- PMDX-112 test board like Ray H. used for his class last year --scs
- small stepper motor driven slide with limit switches --scs
- small VFD and motor, PMDX-106 for testing PWM speed control --scs
- PMDX-125 for testing simple multiplexed I/O over parallel port --scs
- servo-controlled minimill -- J Elson
- demonstrator for Panasonic MUMS and Fanuc "red cap" brushless motors -- J Elson
- Tek 2465 4-chan 300 MHz scope (it DID fit!) -- J Elson
- 4-chan scope w/ two probes & two HV diff probes, Hall effect ammeter -- Kim
- PC w/ Mesa stuff (servo, DC I/O), some random encoders, DC supply, extra PC -- Kim
- 150v 20a simple current limited H-bridge to play with - and extra parts ;) --sam
- Pluto and laptop it runs on. --sam
5. Hope someone else brings
6. Things we hope to discuss or work on
- joint constraints
- get rid of iotask?
- better programmability of toolchange
- SPI support in hm2 --seb
- nightly .debs --seb
- how to package up all the wizards, and how they can be invoked cleanly
- get one more newbie up to speed so he can contribute 8-) --scs
- pockets G12-13
- O subs with run from line behavior
- extensively test hm2_5i20 with seb --mgs
- would love to help with wizard integration! --mgs
- play with Heeks CAD/CAM/ART/etc. to see how it works with emc2 --mgs
- learn more about how .deb packages are made --mgs
- learn more about the software structure of emc2 so that I can be more helpful --mgs
- talk with anyone interested in porting emc2 to the beagle board (TI ARM processor) --mgs
- discuss machine modes vs. jog while paused, then resume program
- attempt to get PPMC driver closer to canonical encoder interface -- J Elson
- use new PPMC timestamp firmware to make better velocity estimate -- J Elson
- parallel port probing and enumeration by Linux kernel?
- lathe roughing cycle
- software interface to real time Ethernet to access devices the way PPMC connects via par port (just discussion for now, I think) -- J Elson
- I would like to attend the discussion of real time ethernet, and I have a related candidate device that I'd like to learn to develop for. Will there be an "Intro to Developing" or "Developer 101"? -- Kim
7. Workshops, Presentations, Classes
Idea for 2009:
Record video of the workshops, presentations, and classes. Put it on youtube.
- end to end run through of Pico Systems PWM servo configuration -- J Elson
- driving larger brushless motors, including those with proprietary encoder systems -- J Elson