Marked for Deletion Oct 2017.
Replaced by http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Configuring_LinuxCNC
Super-administrator please delete this entry anytime after Dec 31, 2017. Thanks!
- First copy one of the sample config directories from /etc/emc2/sample-configs/ to ~/emc2/configs/ or follow the instructions under CustomizingConfigsOnUbuntu
- Then, modify the .ini file located in ~/emc2/configs/ to suit your machine [as described here]
- You can select between various user Interfaces
- EMC2 uses a Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) which is very configurable. You can easily map any signal to any hardware pin, or modify signals with hal components as if they were real analog or digital electronic signals. See SampleParport for an example.
- Chapter 6 of the [EMC2 User Manual] is a HAL tutorial that specifically describes how to change the pinout of a parallel-port stepper machine, including the addition of an external ESTOP input. [HTML version]
- ClassicLadder, a software PLC, has been added to EMC2. It allows plenty of flexibility for creating custom machine logic, in a format that most integrators are familiar with.