Xenomai Kernel Testing
Notes to keep the various machines and problems straight during first tests of the Xenomai kernel packages and the LinuxCNC Xenomai threads port
To reduce human error while testing, a script to gather system information and run tests is needed.
- dmesg, lspci -vv, /proc/cpuinfo, dmidecode -t 4, lsb_release -a, /proc/devices, lsusb, lsmod, free -m, report-hw
- How to capture HID devices?
- xeno-regression-test, LinuxCNC latency-test (text version), unit tests
- CPU hog: skunkworks and Schooner/ArcEye?
Places to explore
- UP kernel packages
- Other deb-like distros: squeeze, lucid, precise
Schooner's P4 2.4GHz UP
- ich5 chipset
- tested on 3.5.7-xenomai-18.104.22.168
- RTAI 2.6.24 to 2.6.30, 9k us latency
- Xenomai 117736 base thread and 87347 servo thread
- Initial 179000; reset then maxes at above figures
- particularly sensitive to HID
- PS/2 mouse and graphics events increased jitter
- USB mouse did not
- xeno-regr-test: short run; <9us latency