The CW-5045 is a microstepping driver sold by the UK company cnc4you.co.uk
Product Information: http://www.cnc4you.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=82&product_id=31
Timing information received by email from Brian at cnc4you:
- u = micro
- Step pulse minimum is 1.5useconds
- Max frequency is 100KHz (10useconds)
- Direction signal must be stable for 5useconds before next step pulse.
- So if you tell Linuxcnc step pulse is 2useconds to be safe then you need to wait 8 microseconds before next pulse.
- If you change direction you must wait 5useconds before sending next step pulse.
This can be interrupted to mean:
- Step Time
- 2000 ns
- Step Space
- 8000 ns
- Direction Setup
- 5000 ns
- Direction Hold
- 5000 ns
- Steps on
- Rising Edge
It may be possible to reduce the Direction Hold value to 0 but I have set it to 5000, to be safe.
There is a detailed description of what these timing values mean in the stepgen man page: