The aim of this projekt is to create a remote pendant for jogging and setup, from scratch.
This is part of the LxCVision? projekt, the overal aim of witch is to create a new touch gui and
provide a well documented way to controll Mill Turn and EDM machines using the EtherCAT bus.
Althoug it is a part of the LxCvision projekt the handbox can bee used with any LinuxCNC machine with a spare ethernet port.
The LxCVision Handbox can bee build with simple of the shelf componants and
features a 3,5" touchscreen, 7 buttons and a Joggweel (quadrature encoder).
A arduino due is used as its brains and a 3,5" Nextion Touchscreen enables the user to easely coustomize the user interface.
Bill of materials:
- 1 Arduino Due without headers (The Due or a similar arduino compatible board with an ARM processor is needed becaus of the reaction speed required from a CNC pendant)
- 1 Nextion 3,5" Touch display (Any Nextion Display from the Enhanced or Intelligent Series can be used)
- 1 EasyCAT shield for the Arduino (Used as interface with the EtherCAT network that connects the pendant with the CNC computer)
- 1 rotary switch (3 to 6 positions depending on the number of axis that need to be controlled)
- 5 momentary switches with build in LEDs (1 Red, 1Green and 3 of a diffrent color)
- 2 momnetary switches without LEDs
- 1 rotary quadrature encoder (used for the joggwheel, preferable 100 positions/rotation)
- 1 enclosure that feels nice in the hand (the enclosure needs to be roughtly 120x200x30mm in order to fit the 3,5" display and the arduino)
- 1 cable grommet (preferably with stress relief, diameter is dependant on the cable you use)
- 1 shielded cable with 5 wire pairs (4 pairs for the EtherCAT and 1 pair for power, lenght is dependant on the machine the pendant will be instaled on)
- some lenghts of wire for connecting the varius commponants
- 15 - 20 10k ohm resisors (needed as pulldown or pullup resistors for the arduino)
- thick plastic foil for insulating the components from each other (foil sheets for overhad projectors are ideal for this task)