Follow the instructions in Installing EMC2. The development version currently (6/20/2009) has the nurbs patch added.|
* Make sure you have all the tools needed to compile EMC2 from source, if not, install the following packages:|
$ sudo apt-get build-dep emc2
$ sudo apt-get install build-essential
* If you don't have it, install CVS
$ sudo apt-get install cvs
* Get EMC2 source from CVS, we will use the last trunk, launch this command from your home directory, or a directory where you've all permissions:
$ export CVS_RSH=ssh
$ cvs -z5 -d:ext:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvs co -d emc2-NURBS emc2
* patch the sources (put the "nurbs_03_03_2009.patch" file in your home)
$ cd emc2-NURBS
$ patch -p0 < /home/your_username/nurbs_03_03_2009.patch
* compile with run in place option
$ cd src
$ ./configure --enable-run-in-place
$ make && sudo make setuid
* launch emc and choose a mm configuration, for example stepper_mm
$ cd ..
* try to load the example file butterfly.ngc located at /home/your_username/emc2-NURBS/nc_files/
Try to load the example file butterfly.ngc located at /home/your_username/emc2-NURBS/nc_files/|
Manfredi (Xemet) Leto and Prof. Ernesto Lo Valvo from the University of Palermo (Italy) has provided a prototype NURBS interface for EMC2. This is not a full NURBS implementation but a simplified NURBS to Biarcs conversion embedded into EMC2. This implementation provides a fully functional (but still experimental) starting point to machining NURBS with EMC.
Xemet asks that we all recognize Jeff Epler's effort in helping him make this implementation possible.
Xemet's original patch has been updated to work with emc2-trunk (2009/3/2).
link to the patch [upload:nurbs_03_03_2009.patch]
Prof. Ernesto Lo Valvo has also generously provided a script to export 2D NURBS from Rhino CAD drawings. Here are the links to the RhinosNURBS?.ngc script [upload:Nurbs2Ngc.rvb] and the Rhino 3D Butterfly model [upload:butterfly.3dm].
Documentation can be found in [upload:Leto_art837759.pdf]
Try to load the example file butterfly.ngc located at /home/your_username/emc2-NURBS/nc_files/
more informations to be added soon...