Install them both in that order.|
Install them both in that order...|
sudo dpkg -i gwiz_0.1.1_i386.deb
sudo dpkg -i demowiz_0.1.1_i386.deb
PROGRAM_EXTENSION = .wiz GWiz Wizard File|
wiz = wiz2gcode
PROGRAM_EXTENSION = .wiz GWiz Wizard File
wiz = wiz2gcode
* Add additional paths for "user" wizards. (Frank Tkalcevic)
* Add check boxes to wizard variable types (Frank Tkalcevic)
* Load a file from the command line, eg gwiz mywiz.wiz (Frank Tkalcevic)
* Most recently used file list in the menu (Frank Tkalcevic)
* Support for python files that generate gcode, rather than just gcode subroutines. Many gcode "wizards" on the emc web, and on the internet are script files that generate gcode. It would be nice to support these too. (Frank Tkalcevic)
GWiz is presently in alpha test and has no significant documentation.
If you would like to be an alpha test site, go to: http://www.se-ltd.com/~lerman/files/GWIZ/ and download the two .deb files.
gwiz_0.1.1_i386.deb is the gwiz program demowiz_0.1.1_i386.deb is some demo wizards
Install them both in that order...
sudo dpkg -i gwiz_0.1.1_i386.deb sudo dpkg -i demowiz_0.1.1_i386.deb
In your .ini file add in section [FILTER]
[FILTER] PROGRAM_EXTENSION = .wiz GWiz Wizard File wiz = wiz2gcode
You MUST start emc using the axis gui at least once prior to starting GWiz. That will cause the .ini file to be selected. GWiz uses the file name stored in ~/.emcrc as its init file. To start GWiz, select it from the Applications/CNC menu.
The ONLY wizard that is really there is the bolt hole circle wizard. In the code, you must set the feed before you drill the holes. So, you need a line like: #<_feed_rate> = 6. In the future, the speed and feed wizard can set that.
I suggest that you start by creating a file that looks like:
% #<_feed_rate> = 6 o<boltholes> CALL (Drill Holes On A Circle)[0.0].... -- created by wizard %
Save it as test (GWiz will append .wiz to the file name).
Then start axis and select the file test.wiz.
Please try to keep a log of the problems you have.
Ken lerman (on IRC) lerman-emc at se dash ltd dot com
==== Please feel free to add notes and comments below this line ====