This page is to describe the Screw Compensation in LinuxCNC.
If your screw is not as perfect as you desire you can use screw compensation.
There are two types of compensation
COMP_FILE_TYPE = 0
- nominal forward reverse
COMP_FILE_TYPE = 1
- nominal forward trim reverse trim
The file format is:
- number space number space number
- n.nnnnnn n.nnnnnn n.nnnnnn
Some example numbers:
- 0.000000 0.000000 -0.001279
- 0.100000 0.098742 0.051632
- 0.200000 0.171529 0.194216
You can name the file anything you like
Place this in each AXIS section you have a comp table for.
- COMP_FILE = file.extension