Currently this page is a work in progress, these days it will be extended quite a bit.
The following are the lists on the short/mid term goals for EMC2.
Features to be implemented in EMC2.1
- config cleanup
- HAL standardisation (canonical interfaces and naming conventions) - DONE?
- drivers & other HAL apps to fit #2
- halui - DONE
- threading with nice canned cycles - DONE?
- halshow saving
- halcmd readline improvement - DONE
- A failed emc run should collect data and give the option of sending it to the developers. - DONE
- RTAPI needs a reliable, portable, and high resolution time measurement.
Features to be implemented in EMC2.2 (if possible they can be included in 2.1)
- A sim mode that works without realtime kernel patches