This meeting was held at: 16:00 GMT on Saturday 2013-07-27
Meeting on: IRC channel on freenode linuxcnc-meet
meeting log is here: http://meetlog.archivist.info/meeting.php?id=201307
Moderator: Chris Radek
Secretary: Seb Kuzminsky
1. Formalize adoption of semantic versioning (http://semver.org). (imcmahon / ssi)
- Proposal champion (Ian McMahon?) was absent. Proposal was not discussed. Ian should add this item to next month's agenda if he still wants it brought up.
2. Governance: Proposed that agenda items remain on the agenda until explicitly approved or rejected. Tabled items automatically appear the next month. (jmkasunich)
- POSTPONED/TABLED - to be brought up again in the future, after discussion in the usual places. It's unclear whether it's the item's champion (John Kasunich) or someone else's job to add the item to next month's agenda...
3. Documents: Remove text from untranslated documents and leave a note about how to update the file when it is translated. Currently untranslated documents are not referenced in the PDF or HTML documents. All references point to the English files unless a translated file is present. Untranslated documents are not up to date and create extra work for anyone editing the documents. (jthornton)
- John Thornton changed the proposal to:
- I'm proposing we delete the German and Polish docs which are not translated at all and put a note in each chapter of the Spanish docs on how to get the latest text to translate`
- John Thornton volunteered to update the Spanish notes
- Seb Kuzminsky volunteered to remove the German and Polish docs & packages.
- Work to be done in the master branch, not the v2.5 branch